Thursday, March 27, 2008

All My Sons lends a helping hand

All My Sons Moving & Storage Lends a Helping Hand

Kirkland, WA ─ All My Sons Moving & Storage (AMS) is a service company, but it’s the individual attention and care given to each customer by every employee that sets this service company apart. Highly trained movers are genuinely thoughtful of every customer, and concerned about the possessions entrusted to him. The history of the family-owned company’s compassion, which dates back four generations, is evidenced by the sense of personal pride exhibited by every employee.

So it’s no surprise that, when asked to help a family from within its own community, All My Sons rose to the occasion. The ABC program Extreme Makeover: Home Edition selected a remarkable, Seattle area family that found themselves in despair when faced with losing their home, along with its only source of income. Connie Chapin is a single mother of three who uses the family’s swimming pool to produce income, calling her business “Angelfish.” An avid swimmer, Ms. Chapin teaches swimming and life-saving lessons to children, some with disabilities. She has taught more than two hundred children to swim at “Angelfish.”

Just as Angelfish Swimming’s numbers began to grow, Ms. Chapin received excruciating news. Her home was found to be in violation of many building codes. Although neighbors volunteered to work with her to make the necessary repairs, Ms. Chapin wasn’t able to handle all of them, and faced losing her home and her business.

All My Sons agreed to partner with Extreme Makeover. Although AMS was asked for minimal support, after surveying the home, the All My Sons company voluntarily contributed more in a heartbeat. AMS utilized two trucks and four movers to make the move to their storage facility. Even All My Sons office staff voluntarily went to the house to pitch in on packing, supervised by trained packers, right along with hundreds of neighborhood and community volunteers who helped with demolition and construction.

While the Chapin family enjoyed a complimentary vacation, courtesy of Extreme Makeover, at the Disney Vacation Club in Vero Beach, Florida, All My Sons provided professional packing services to pack everything in the house, from appliances to breakables, providing all packing materials. AMS also provided complimentary warehouse handling into storage, sixty days of free storage, and free warehouse handling out of storage, including two deliveries out of storage in Kent, Washington. All of the services, including moving, handling and storage of 21,000 pounds of goods, were valued at $13,000 and were donated by All My Sons.

All My Sons still continues to store half of the family’s belongings, which AMS will deliver with no charge to the family when it is ready.
“I’m just glad we were asked for help,” comments Kermit Escribano, of All My Sons. “It’s nice when you have access to exactly what someone needs to improve their quality of life. I think the work Home Makeover performs is outstanding, and I’m thrilled that All My Sons was able to help this deserving family. All My Sons is a company with a big heart, and we’re happy to serve our neighbors and communities.”
The scheduled air date for this episode is Sunday, December 16 on ABC.

All My Sons Moving & Storage has been a family-owned and operated moving and storage business, for four generations. The company, whose corporate headquarters is located in the Farmers Branch area of Dallas, Texas, has branch offices in 35 cities across the country. All My Sons specializes in local and long-distance moves, office moves, corporate relocations and residential moves.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, which has won back-to-back Emmy Awards as Best Reality Program (non-competitive), is entering its 5th season on ABC. The program is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. Denise Cramsey is the executive producer, and David Goldberg is the president of Endemol USA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was moving from Houston to the Dallas area and found All My Sons Houston Movers online at www.allmysons.com.

I requested an estimate and because it was a "full pack" (their term) they wanted to come to my house in order to give me an accurate bid. I was in between cities and did not have a lot of free time during the weekdays. Rob, the owner, came out at 8:00 one evening and went through each room and cabinet with me, he even crawled into my dusty attic. We discussed the process of what would happen on move day and how they would take care of my furniture.

The price seemed fair and was impressed with the attention to detail and the thoughtful questions that were asked of me while we were walking through the house, so I scheduled the move for the following week.

The packing crew showed up a few minutes early and went right to work. They were able to pack in an afternoon what would have taken me days.

The next day they came in and just as promised they wrapped all of my furniture and loaded us up for the trip to Dallas. We met the next day in Dallas and everything was unload and set up for us in each room. Romel even helped my wife hang a couple of large pictures on the wall.

The move went flawless and everything was in tact. I will use them again in the future. And ask for Rob since I know that he will take care of you.